View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 03:44 AM

i am of an age that i do remember where i was when i heard the news of jfk's murder. after 8 yrs of this old grampa guy 'ike' in there, it seemed people were energized by the presence in the white house of a young, active, well spoken and educated man w/ an attractive wife of similar attributes. we were glad to have them represent us in the world(there were kennedy haters as well, i know, and i know that no one is perfect; but despite the flaws, the family paid a heavy price for their involvement in civic duties and affairs).
whoever killed jfk(and i lean to the view that more than just one man was involved, even if only because of the many enemies the kennedy family had-some perhaps w/reason) also struck a harsh blow at the underlying faith people had in the idea that america was a truly good place with high-minded goals and a bright future. more assassinations and vietnam then brought cynicism to the place once held by a national optimism. johnson, i believe, though a consummate politician, was a decent man(i know, it's problematic as to whether one can defend the juxstaposition of those descriptions), and wasn't actively involved, even if wisdom compelled his silence. best possibility i can see is a mob hit passively aided by interested parties here and in cuba(identifying and positioning oswald as a suitable 'patsy' and then the obfuscation of any 'investigation'). the 'parallax view' was an interesting flick from about ten years after dallas, which amongst other things, highlights the cynicism developing in the post 60's u.s. also, i'm not surprised that no one has broken 'omerta' on this one so far-'deep throat' went 'til he was almost dead(many saw him as a 'good' guy should he have 'come out') and there did'nt need to be a huge host of people who really 'knew'. those who did's interests are still being served by silence.

Last edited by tincat; 11-05-2009 at 12:02 PM.