View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Last time I saw the news there was a considerable amount of snow on the sceptered isle.
It happens every now and again during the winter. Last winter, it was the most snow I have ever seen in my life. I can deal with a bit of snow for occuing for about a week during some winters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I can't help but remark on the irony of "escaping the system" while remaining close to publically funded running water, toilets, libraries and shops. As Dave noted, what you describing is considered by many (or most) people a vagrant, something that most don't consider admirable or desirable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Nothing is "free". The English taxpayer bought those toilets, libraries, etc., etc... And, if you use them without doing your part to help pay for them, what does that make you? Do you think your fellow Englishmen who work hard and pay their taxes would appreciate that?

Not trying to be adversarial, just offering you some "food for thought".

Dave
Please do be adversarial.

I stated, in my introduction thread, that I do not consider myself to be any nationality at all. I am not English. I have no allegiance to any nation or any state.

I dont not intend on escaping the system altogether... Just a little bit. Furthermore, I am an anarchist. My political ideology is something that I have avoided mentioning until now because I did not wish to be pre-judged on the basis of the usual misconceptions.

I will not discuss anarchism on this thread. If you wish to discuss anarchism I will happily do so on another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'm with Chas. Save some money, buy a small plot of land and build a cabin. Unless you have the requisite skills/experience, you won't last but a couple of miserable, rainsoaked weeks in your tent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Done right, a cabin could be pretty comfortable. Having the capacity to live off grid would be nice, but I'd still run electricity if I could. You're buying watts, just set yourself up so you don't buy many of them.
Land is far more expensive here than it is where you are. I am poor. I also dont wish to wait for a long time because my immediate personal situation is something that is pushing me in this direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Don't guess there's chiggers in England?
Whats a chigger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Not sure where you live
England.

Thank you all for your comments so far. You've all been very helpful. Please continue commenting for as long as you see fit. Its a great help. Thanks.

Last edited by Brother_Karl; 02-08-2011 at 04:44 PM.