View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother_Karl View Post
It happens every now and again during the winter. Last winter, it was the most snow I have ever seen in my life. I can deal with a bit of snow for occuing for about a week during some winters.

Please do be adversarial.

I stated, in my introduction thread, that I do not consider myself to be any nationality at all. I am not English. I have no allegiance to any nation or any state.

I dont not intend on escaping the system altogether... Just a little bit. Furthermore, I am an anarchist. My political ideology is something that I have avoided mentioning until now because I did not wish to be pre-judged on the basis of the usual misconceptions.

I will not discuss anarchism on this thread. If you wish to discuss anarchism I will happily do so on another thread.

Land is far more expensive here than it is where you are. I am poor. I also dont wish to wait for a long time because my immediate personal situation is something that is pushing me in this direction.

Whats a chigger?

England.

Thank you all for your comments so far. You've all been very helpful. Please continue commenting for as long as you see fit. Its a great help. Thanks.
In other words, you're English. Everybody's gotta belong to the club, maybe not the same one, but to one. Gotta have papers when you're born, gotta have papers when you die, and ya gotta pay taxes in the meantime.

I suppose if you went far enough up the Amazon the powers that be might leave you alone, but the people who already live there might cook you up for supper.

"What's for supper, Grandpa?"

"It's you, laddie!"

Now I've got a pretty independent streak, and I don't much like people telling me what I'm gonna do...but I'm hardly an anarchist. Can't say I'd prefer to live in a Mad Max world...I like my air squezzer and easy chair too much.

To tell the truth, I think your main complaint about society and the nature of things is due to the fact that you consider yourself to be poor.

Look at it in another way. If you want an orange, can you not only afford one, but is it not easily accessible? A couple of hundred years ago even a king couldn't have an orange whenever he wanted one.

Count your blessings, and look around. You aren't truly poor, you just want more money. People really ARE starving to death in Africa.

And in closing, I'll address the dreaded chigger.

It's a little bug you can't see with the naked eye. When one of them bites you, you get a big red welt which itches like mad for a good week. Most of the time when you get into them, you wind up with several hundred bites, they prefer your feet, the backs of your knees, your crotch, and your balls. And when that happens, you are miserable for a LONG time.

They're lousy in Missouri, only good thing is they can't stand DEET. DO NOT live in a tent where there are chiggers.

Chas