View Single Post
Old 02-08-2022, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I think it will not be a civil war but a white supremacy insurgency.
Sort of like the IRA, people blowing up things.

My impression is that the red states think they will somehow end up controlling the Federal Government, and things like the Social Safety net i.e. Medicare, Social Security, Tricare and the Veteran Administration will be theirs to run and reward those that support them.

Stopping this process would probably save the United States in the long run.

If I was a Democratic president and red states decided to nullify the mid-terms in 2022 I would cut off Social Security payments to the citizens of those states. I might keep Medicare payments going for a while. It might wake some people up. And if you were Joe Biden you might have to ignore a Supreme Court ruling on the basis that the court was not legitmate because of GOP gerrymandering and Mitch McConnel's radicalism.

In other words a President might have to become an autocrat just to save the more or less "democratic Union' we have had since 1776.

The Trump base thinks that the worst thing that can happen is brown people crossing our
border in order to live here, not understanding that the real threat isn't people escaping Latin American governments but rather our government becoming more and more like those governments in Latin America that immigrants are trying to escape.

That is the problem when a political party abandons the concept of a "loyal opposition".
Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
We're on the same page, Ice. Marjorie Taylor Greene wants her big divorce, enabled by 2nd Amendment methods. But she'd be sorry if it turned out to be a big divorce from all the taxes the blue states are pouring into the red States. She somehow thinks she's going to get bunches of support payments.
I think the key would lay in electoral college reform, or it's abandonment.

This idea of defunding the most vulnerable people in the red states is nothing short of fascism, akin to social eugenics. So the old, the weak are targeted.

You think the Supremists would learn a lesson from that ? They might get more angry without even making a connection to their own behavior being the so-called 'cause'.

Or they might respect the decision to kill off the lame. Join in some kind of secret society with the people from this 'think tank'.