View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Not necessarily. Timing, and approach, are everything. The government can take unilateral action, or it can be a partner. And there's nothing more compelling right now than getting the economy growing again and getting folks back to work. The environmentalists can wait until the economic picture improves. Then they'll really have something to bitch about.
I don't want them to have anything to bitch about. What you said about the government can also be said of industry.

And, in regards to this;

"And there's nothing more compelling right now than getting the economy growing again and getting folks back to work."

I couldn't agree more. Except, I happen to believe that which is built too quickly, falls apart just as quickly. And, that if it is built on a foundation too far tilted towards exploitation of resources, which includes human resources, that that foundation is only built upon the seeds of it's own destruction.

Dave