View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:37 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
What is remarkable is reading a post by you that highlights your complete misunderstanding of collectivism. You are surrounded by it everyday. Can you choose not to pay taxes? You can but, more than likely you will be in deep crap.

When governments collects your tax money they provide for you with many services you could not possibly provide for yourself in this modern age. Take the US military for example. I assume you like having a military to protect you. It is a prime example of collectivism and so************************m. The government takes your money to fund the military and then provides all the essentials for soldiers to function in the military "society".

While it is true collectivism does exist in communist countries it also exits in representative democracies. To be blunt it first appeared, for humans, when ancient homo sapiens started wandering this planet. There where communal hunts to collect food and water. Then the "society" prepared the food together and everyone worked to achieve that ultimate goal which was survival.

We will never secure our borders. I am more worried about the Canadian border than the Southern border. I am even more worried about the East, West, and Southern coastlines. Do you think the Border Patrol and the Coast Guard can keep us safe without a little collectivism. I would be happy to cut their budgets to nothing and let you and a group of individualist form a patrol party to cover the entire US borderline with your assault weapons and bass boats.

Utopia, really?? Who advocates it. Maybe it is the libertarians. Yes everybody wants the perfect society.

Oh look! soshulism was censored by D-Ray, Pete, and Grumpy. That really pisses me off because I like getting cheap Chinese hard on pills.
That's why the "Citadel" thread still has me shaking my head. A bunch of hard right-uber Patriotic types forming their own community to escape "collectivism" and right in their preamble they state a member must pledge his "fortune" and agree to mutual protection.........ummmmm, guys....that's called collectivism.

Regards,
Dave