View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 07:52 AM

I dunno, fellers...There was a "Twice-Told Tale" back in 1990-91 making the rounds in the "scanner" world-Guys who listen to scanners, hoping to catch a scrap from a gov't agency-about a "Faded Giant' or "Broken Arrow"...The story came out that a bunch of Islamic terrorists broke into a Soviet nuclear facility in one of the "Stan" countries on Russia's southern borders, killed all the Russians, & made off w/their nukes to parts unknown. We were lookin' for 'em, the Russians were lookin' for 'em, & I think the Brits were, too. The concensus was that they prolly could NOT have gotten 'em to go off, but who knows ? Then about 5-6 months later came the 1st Gulf War, & not long after that, the Soviet Union went out of business. It prolly was bullshit, I think that whoever got 'em would have showed their hand by now, but you never know...I have a friend who was EOD officer in Viet Nam, & he told me that the public-and most of the military-have NO IDEA what all we have "Out There" that would "Curl yr fingernails backwards" if we knew...