View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Chicks was referring to the long term......6-8 years. I understand that you, being a corporate goon, naturally lack that much foresight. What you see in the front of you at the moment is proof that we're on the right path. It's okay, we love you anyways. You're very special to us.
Ah, I see.

Well, we corporate goons understand that economies are cyclical, and the likelihood of a future recession is always there. So, yeah, six to eight years from now its quite possible (and if history is any guide, quite probable) that there will be a recession. And just like a million monkeys banging away at typewriters creating the possibility that one of them might produce War and Peace, Chick's prognostication of economic doom and gloom six to eight years from now has a similar chance of being correct.

So, since this particular corporate goon will likely be retired by then, I'll have little control over what might happen at that time. However, I've squirreled away all of my ill-gotten gains in questionable investments and tax sheltered accounts enabled by tax loopholes, so I should be just fine.