View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 01:24 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Really? Conservatism is a set of principles. Rubin has her finger in the air most of the time, and her positions change with the wind, and/or her own personal mission (in this case, she's an ardent "never-Trumper").

Example:

Then: Her "position" on Jerusalem as Israel's capital when Romney was a candidate: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.f37cf6e44d0b

Of course, Jerusalem is the capital. It was declared so in 1948. The Knesset is there. The disposition of its borders is a matter for final status negotiation, but only an uninformed or virulently insensitive administration would be unable to distinguish the two.

Now: Her "position" on Jerusalem as Israel's capital in the Trump era: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.f6d98627a0c9

Critical of Trump because the announcement was nothing more than "removing an irritant to Israel". Well, Jenny, either the capital of Israel is Jerusalem or its not. What does it matter whether or not it's Trump's position that Jerusalem is the capital? The answer is, or course, is that it doesn't, unless you're principally driven to be a "never Trumper".

There are other examples where's she's backtracked on previously advocated positions in service to her "never-Trump" ideology. Frankly I don't care if she's a never-Trumper, but her willingness to subordinate her brand of "conservatism" to her "never Trump obsession leads to me to seriously doubt her conservative principles.
That's your proof that Jennifer Rubin is a hopped up lefty, intent on the destruction of all that's holy in St. Ronnie's cloud cuckoo land? Next you'll be saying that David Frum is a fucking stoned out hippy.

Do you even listen to the twaddle that you spout?