View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 08:21 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
I wish they'd come up w/some NEW carols-Its worser than listenin' to a "Classic Rock" station...Arrrrrrgh !
Simply.. having.. a wonderful Christmas time....

BANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Oh, Dear God...I was forced to attend my 1st cousin's Gala Christmas Pageant at her private school about 10 years ago...EVERY grade had their own Glee Club-K-12- & MOST of them had separate boy's & Girls' choirs. After they got in the middle grades, say 6 or so, then they started having "Special" choirs. Sitting watching other people's children sing-Often badly-"Have Yrself a Merry Little Christmas, Angels We have Heard on High, O Come All Ye Faithful", et al ad nauseum, umpteen times would EASILY make me confess willingly to Chit I didn't even do...Plus, as is often the case in these things, they had the heat cranked in there to "Sonoran Desert", since it was after all Christmastime-I think it was 55 or so outside....But its "Winter", God help us if some dowager Emperess grandmother-who was also the primary benefactor of the school-got a slight chill, sitting there listening to her little precious grandaughter warble poetic about Sweet Widdle Jeebus Boy, & who stood to inherit half of West Knoxville someday. The holidays are often as much to be ENDURED as enjoyed, I think...
Sandy, I getcha but I went to my 6 year old granddaughters recital this year, they didn't do ONE SINGLE 'American' carol, just a bunch of new age crap. I heard many guys complaining about it. You think 'Jingle Bells' is bad you should hear the nonsense.

Pete