View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Area Man

What a pathetic thread and a stupid question? Why wouldn't I? It's not my country that I don't like, it's the politics I don't like. Why can't you figure that out? The Republican Party does NOT hold exclusive the right to rule my country, nor are they the only people who would give anything to protect it. Hell, half of the ones I know are nothing but a bunch of excuse making chickenhawks when it comes to military service. Think about it, it's the truth.

Anyways,

Actually, I was just looking through the local listing of celebrations, there are so many in my area. Downtown Norfolk is the closest and largest, of course. But the most interesting, this year seems to be Yorktown with the re-enactments and all. Plus, it's Yorktown........... However, Yorktown is about 45 minutes from here through the insane holiday traffic....so.....

Maybe Virginia Beach. They have a nice little celebration going on at Trashmore Park. Yep, I think that'll be the one. I can go up on the hill and see ALL of the fireworks within a few miles.

HAPPY FOURTH, Hatchetjack!!!

Dave