View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Your next question should be :"Where do I apply?"

When did we start hating on people for having a strong wage, and what purpose does that serve? When I was a kid we used to consider someone with a "good" job, meaning one with strong wages, insurance and some sort of retiement plan tio be "fortunate", "lucky" or "blessed". Now, all you hear is a bunch of shit about how undeserving everyone is. The assholes have even come out against the minimum wage.....$7.25 is exhorbitant to them. I can't help but wonder what's in the pot at the end of THAT rainbow. My guess is it isn't gold.

In case you haven't noticed, the villification always starts before the axe comes out. It's easier for the ruling class to attack and butcher once the public has been thoroughly convinced that "those lazy, overcompensated (Insert name of targeted workers here.)" have been relentlessly denounced in the media. Then no one cares when the union busting/outsourcing/plant closures/stripping of pay and/or benefits starts. See how your party has been fucking everyone now? It's really not that hard to figure out. Just tune into Fox and see who is about to get bent over next.

BTW, machine operators at my plant make $13/hour-"permanent" employee, temps make $8/hour----the majority are temps, of course. But, $8/hour is a plenty for a bunch of dope smoking, trailer park dwelling mush-heads. According to conservative pundits, anyhow.

Dave
An operator only makes $13 per???

Shit, I pay more than that for a quasi skilled remodeling carpenter who doesn't even have a drivers license. And I would pay more if times weren't so hard. Or the fuck head could hold it together to hold a drivers license longer than 30 days.

I even furnish a company truck.

And this is in Bugtussell, taxes and the cost of living are pretty reasonable.

Don't sound like them Eyeties are doing ya'll any favors.

Chas