View Single Post
Old 04-23-2016, 06:49 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I sit back and listen to conservatives bitch and whine about "protesters", "union thugs" and so on, crying, "Just do as the cops tell you!", "Shut up and do your job!", "If you don't want to go to jail, obey the law!", etc., etc., etc. They just seem to despise anyone who stands up to moneyed power, don't they?

Then I consider their dogged insistence that "America is not a Democracy!", that "freedom of speech" only applies to preachers, "Liberal" bashing propagandists and homophobic bigots...............

Then I attach all of this to their obvious and nearly perverse love affair with armed/uniformed governmental employees such as law enforcement and the military and I can't help but wonder;

Who is it that supports oppressive government?

Really, think about that. They claim they oppose governmental power, but the military budget is never big enough for them, their answer to crime always seems to involve little more than more cops with less restrictions and more prisons and less laws restricting the ability of citizens to kill each other............ Well, just how in the hell do they think "governmental power" manifests itself?

It manifests itself in uniformed government employees cracking the skulls of anyone who ".....gets out of line.". It manifests itself in "protesters" being gagged and beaten. It manifests itself in government making it difficult to impossible to fight corporate abuses.

So, tell me;

Who is it that supports oppressive government?
Authoritarians--now concentrated in the Republican party.