View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 09:21 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I guess you could, so long as your moderation remains unbiased. But, I suspect that would be questioned right off the bat.

This is easily the tamest political chat room I have ever encountered. For anyone who disagrees, I can easily link you to some incredibly nasty places. Some of them so bad, they've been shut down by their owners, who gave up on trying to moderate.

Then there are others are strictly discussion boards for one side or the other. Where all they do is tell each other how brilliant they are all day long. So, if what you seek is unhindered validation and a safe echo chamber.........

Just my humble opinion.

Dave
I think the problem comes from those arriving here for the first time accustomed to slinging sh!t like they do at other political chat sites (mezz being the latest). They spew their silly, juvenile chit and it gets our dander up as we try to convert them or run 'em off. Sometimes it gets frustrating when their response is to continue spouting their silly chit and we slide down the slippery slope with them. So be it.