View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 02:26 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

But the man was not a deity. And whenever society elevates one to the position of a deity, they eliminate any rational criticism of their newly created god.

I kind of like to look at my gods warts and all...being I've never seen any wisdom in bowing to a myth.

Chas
Me neither, as is evidenced by the long list of people who hate me, or at least appear mystified by my refusal to deify St. Ronnie as they expect me to do.

To my mind, the guy was just a smartass bullshitter who got lucky enough to be in the right place when the Soviet pig finally rolled and wheezed it's last breath. And, that in the short run his economic policies may have provided a temporary boost, but in the long run are a disaster that led to unrealistic expectations of perpetual fealty to corporate interests.

Or, as Bill Maher recently put it, "Yeah, we all know you want slave labor with a tax and regulation free business environment. Well, tough shit, you can't have it."

Dave