View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 04:38 PM

Convicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Too bad they weren't all "shot while resisting re-capture..." A bullet is a quarter, feeding & taking care of those jokers for the next 30-40-50 years is...
Now now, Sandy, you must remember that it's not that these people have failed society, it is that society has failed them. It's not their fault that they're thieves, rapists, and murders...it's our collective fault that we never gave them a chance.

At least that's one line of reasoning.

I'll use an old joke to point to the other line of reasoning.

Like the pscyharitist told the lady, "Your son steals, madam, because he is a thief."

An element of truth to both views. But I don't want these predators running loose.

I saw thousands of them at MSP (and that place was as hardcore of a joint as any in the USA at the time), and I'd say 95% of them were where they needed to be. My wife sees them by the barrel at the state Psych hospital, and she'll tell you that you cannot have these people running loose.

I've even seen more that a few, that if I were to see them on my front porch, I'd fire both barrels right through the front door. And feel justified in my actions.

Chas