View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 09:23 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
What was the limit, zero? tRump spent his entire term stuffing federal agencies with loyalists to do his bidding. Who at the Pentagon is responsible?
Actually, it took one hour for the Army Secretary to approve full mobilization of the DC National Guard. I honestly think that's fast work for the Pentagon. The general bureaucratic decision-making process involves a dozen guys signing off on anything.

The initial responses came from underlings who would have no discretion and be disposed to respond according to existing policy, which had been set with a mind to avoiding more criticism like the National Guard got for it's involvement during the BLM protests.

Certainly better security arrangements for DC should exist, and I am suspicious that some elements of the Capitol Police may actually have been complicit, or perhaps unwittingly complicit. But I think the old dictum of 'never ascribe to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity' is going to be very applicable to this whole thing.