View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I've had fair luck with their vacuum tubes, although a JJ 7591 developed a short and blew the fuse on my 1000A while I had it loaned out. Glad it was just the fuse, because the guy who was using it didn't realize that when a tube amp starts making a sound "like somebody bouncing a basketball on the side of my house" you need to shut it down and take a look.

And I had a "Winged C" 6L6GC go gassy. To JJ's credit, their 6L6GC's have been rock solid. And I had a whole set of Sovtek 12AX7LPS go south not too long after I put them in my Fisher X202C.

That's one piece I regret selling.

I have three quads of Reflektor EL84s, or whatever they call them and a set of Russian remake Gold Lion 6BQ5s. Solid performers all and, I have as yet to have one throw in the towel on me. Now, when I had my Rogue Monoblocks there were eight Sovtek KT88s between the two amps. It wasn't a year and those things started dropping dead. One replacement, right out of the box, shorted and burned up a resistor in the amp.

Being an old swabbie, what did you think of the Rooskie navy? They were probably at the height of their power while you were serving.

I know the Japs cleaned their clock during the days of the dreadnoughts.

Chas
I thought JJ is a Slovakian company?

I actually had a close encounter with Soviet Navy..................and Air Force. We got too close and they came out to to tell us to f**k off. They were all around us in a very big hurry, on the surface, underneath, overhead and they looked like they weren't at all afraid to throw down should we get froggy.

In short, I'm pretty sure we coulda taken'em. But, it wouldn't have been easy and I'm glad we didn't have to.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 07-05-2013 at 09:58 PM.