View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Area Man

My question has always been this;

If his mother was an American citizen, (And she was.) then would he not automatically be an American citizen upon birth regardless of where he was actually born?

Case in point;

I have a friend whose father was a French immigrant, his mother American. Charley was born in Marseilles, France while his parents were there visiting family. His parents returned to the US, with him of course, when he was an infant. He has dual citizenship because he was born in France, but his parents were American citizens.

Obamas mother was an American citizen, born in Kansas. His father was a Kenyan citizen, but here in the US on a legal student visa, AFAIK. So, as I see it, it really wouldn't matter if he had been born in Kenya. Just as it doesn't matter at all that John McCain was born in Panama. McCains parents were American citizens.

So, born in Kenya, born in Panama, born on the friggin' moon..........what difference does it really make? None, that's what. It's just another pointless bit of nothingness for dumbass teabaggers to rant about.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 07-21-2010 at 11:34 AM.