View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
When has big government hurt you? I can see if you were drafted and send to Vietnam how you might be angry...being a military man I can understand that. How has the Tennesee Valley Authority, Interstate Highway System, Medicare (and the medical establishment it underwrites) and Social Security hurt you? NASA hurt you? GI Bill bad?
School Loans bad? You know somebody paid taxes for you go to public (GOVERNMENT) school so someday you would be able to reply to internet posts lol. What do you want?
Some small government paradise where you get to keep all of your paycheck?

what is it you want? Pete I am just dying to here what small government means....
Can't speak for Pete, but I have certain worries about a government which has grown so large that it is reduced to funding it's operations with deficit spending to such an extent that it is quite possible that it will destroy the currency.

A government so big that it has created myriad regulations which have caused the private sector becomes so uncompetitive that they are reduced to moving their operations offshore.

A government which which has reached the point of largess that is can use it's devalued currency to enforce it's will on everyone, by first creating an atmosphere where the states can no longer function without federal funding, and then denying that funding unless they dance to the tune of their federal masters.

A government which has reached the size that it no longer serves the people, but rather the people serve it.

I think we could do with a little less government, and for sure a smarter and less corrupt government.

Chas