View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 01:36 PM

Actually BlueStreak:

Quote:
Perhaps you would rather have your turkey produced, warehoused and delivered to you in the cheapest possible manner? And, no, I don't trust UL or Consumer Reports anymore than I trust government regulators. Are they really any less corruptible? You may think so, but I don't.
I never buy the cheapest ANYTHING. Learned that from a penny-pinching dad who would buy 12 sponges for a dollar and use one a day because they fell apart. Or who bought the cheaper tires and had them blow out at the rims. That's a choice. Thank God.

If I were king -- I'd have the National Guard blow up every Dollar Store in the country. (Just Kidding.. Seriously,,, just kidding)

And before you accuse me of being insensitive to the realities of poorer folk who can't afford the "better", that's what WalMart is about. (YES FOLKS -- I brought up WalMart in a forum on religion) They will not sacrifice ALL the value in everything they sell. They can't afford to piss-off their clientele. But when it comes to offering the lowest possible price -- they balance their "responsibility" to the customers EQUALLY with the return to the stockholders. Because even tho some of my new buds here won't admit it, you can't offer bundles of returns to the stockholders while you repeatedly rape your customer base..