View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 09:43 AM

May I recommend a book on the subject of today's Mormon culture?

"Under the Banner of Heaven" can be found on Amazon.com and they can locate used paperbacks. My roots are in the Mormon Church but I never understood the bible let alone the Book of Mormon. My grandparents were devout members until after WW2 when they got a closer look at the whole human race. The main agenda of the Mormon church is to out breed all other religions. Many Mormon men simply broke the bodies and spirits of their wives and were forced in to marrying again and again. I remember my grandmother warning my generation to stop the breeding immediately as she wanted all babies to be wanted and loved.

I brought home my first prescription of birth control pills and she went down on her knees and looked up and said "There is a God." My own husband did not know I was taking these pills and it seemed as if I was the family sinner!

Merry, I was living in Arizona when California was faced with Prop 8. In my world, individual rights include all citizens, including our gay community. I joined California Equality and have become active since I came home. I've worked for years in the arts including live theater where many if not most of our actors, crew members and financial backers are gay. They are no threat to me or my family. BTW my youngest lives in Bethesda in your beautiful state.