View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Exactly Pete, the "middle class" today has things light years better than they did 50 years ago. My Dad was a Union guy and made a decent living, but we never had two cars, central air, etc.. I wish another "Regan" would emerge from the Republican Party and save this country again. I'm afraid though, that Obama has done more permanent damage in 10 months than Carter did all told.
It surprises me that most of us take for granted that 'things aren't better'. I think it helps the politicans that say it. All these folks blaming Reagan when the Obama-led Congress just porked out a tril - when we're broke! Great avatar btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
All of that did not start with Reagan, most of the improvement in living conditions started after WW II with the GI Bill getting us into the technology forefront. People were building larger houses before he took office.

Only reason we have AC is because right now the Heat Pump is keeping the lousy wet 46 degree temps outside. When it get hotter we reverse it.

We need another Reagan like we need a round of the bubonic plague.
It didn't start with him, but certainly continued which means even more considering the state of things when he took office.

The weather's been terrible this fall! It was 35 miserable wet degrees outside on the way in.

I linked a sf graph for those interested, all talk aside it tells the real story of our growing wealth over time:

http://www.nahb.org/fileUpload_detai...ontentID=80051

Pete

PS: SF grew more during Reagan than Clinton