View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 02:12 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
The other day I went to purchase Weldwood Contact Cement; however, due to the all knowing jackasses at the California Air Resources Board it is no longer available in California. It would be better for the environment if we tossed our illegal aliens back across the border since most of our environmental problems are a function of rampant population growth. Oh, here's the regulation:

http://www.arb.ca.gov/consprod/regs/...htm#automotive

Slightly complicated ain't it. Just because some fanatical environmentalists think VOCs released through consumer products have a terrible environmental impact—environmentalists tend to gravitate towards employment in the regulatory agencies—they ought be outlawed. There is little wonder why businesses leave California for more friendly states. Lighter fluid has become so diluted that it's difficult to start a barbecue.

Oh, I can still buy it , but only 1 ounce at a time. Thus, instead of 12.00/qt. it will be 160.00/qt.
Living in the LA basin for over four decades, I'll take the trade off of lowering volatile organic compounds, lead in gasoline and so on over anyone else's imagined right to pollute the air I breath.