View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
Your a wonderful person "D",

But you'll never be RICH ! You might be WELL OFF, But Never REALLY RICH.

But do you see that fallacy in your argument ???

You wouldn't sell your trade to receive better compensation, but you would sell your card collection for far more than it is actually worth, to some poor collector.

Everyone is a Prostitute, some just charge more than others for their services.

BB
What makes you think everybody wants to be really rich, Bill? Most people don't even try, and contrary to popular belief it isn't just 'cuz they're lazy or stupid. Sometimes it's because they love what they do. And if they're comfortable with the money they make from it........

But, don't take this to mean that should be taken advantage of. Most people still expect to be able to live off of the money they make. Which leads me to;

You know, I agreed with you that we're all green. You came back with your typical, "...you're all living off of us Republicans..." line. Well, I dunno, there are some pretty rich Liberals out there, who employ a lot of people as well. (Look into who Bill Gates supported in '08.....) But, regardless, you and Ayn Rand do have a point......to a degree. You see, when the masses have nothing left to lose......Well, that's generally when the bloodiest revolutions take place. And, by the time they reach that point, a rich guy is a rich guy, regardless of how he got his loot.

It can go both ways. There is plenty of history full of wealthy heads in baskets.

Dave