View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 05:55 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
From your post:

It is misleading to invoke 230 years of history when discussing the present national debt, in part because a large chunk of the $31 trillion debt (at the time of this reporting) was incurred over the past two decades. That being said, it is factual that roughly 25% of the current debt was accrued during the Trump administration.

But hey, I get it. $31 trillion is a gigantic number that most folks can't wrap their heads around. Trump added just over $6.7 trillion, and most folks can't wrap their heads around that number either.

So, who CAN wrap their heads around dollar signs that big? Why, Obama can.

Under President Obama, the national debt grew the most in dollar terms ($8.6 trillion) and was fifth by percentage at 74%. Obama fought the Great Recession with an $831 billion economic stimulus package and added $858 billion through tax cuts. Even though the fiscal year 2009 budget was set by President Bush, Obama added to it with the Economic Stimulus Act in 2009.

So Chicklet, why are you so upset about Trump, when Obama beat his number by almost $2 trillion?

Oh and so far Joey B has added about $3.5 Trillion to the debt, and we're only halfway through his 4 year term. At that rate, his contribution to the debt will eclipse Trump. Why aren't you similarly upset about that, Chickie?
Wow. Your lies are getting more blatant, Mike.