View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I fail to understand why it's a big deal at this moment to assert, one way or the other, that the Benghazi attack was the work of terrorists rather than an unruly crowd. Until all the facts are in and the investigation completed, why is it important (for the GOP particularly) to go out on a limb and attribute this attack to terrorists?
The big deal is due to this administration doing the asserting, as it turns out, and making repeated assertions over the course of two weeks which run contrary to quite a few facts they were aware of at the time.

This president, who is tasked with, among other things, protecting the American people is caught red handed politicizing a major national security concern to cover his and his admin's incompetence through deception and consealment.

Aside from the numerous and serious charges of ineptitude and betrayal of the national interest which this engenders, it speaks to the character of this president and it doesn't speak well. I know liberals often rebut by citing that all politicians are sleazy, mendacious, corrupt... but there are degrees of these things... and although I'm sure there have been unprincipled and weak-of-character presidents preceding this one in history, this president and this admin easily set the high watermark for achieving such dishonors for any of their ilk during my lifetime.

That might be part of why this is a 'big deal'.