View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 11:01 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Oh they're getting the $10. The temp agency its probably stealing upwards of $15-18.

When I pimped temp help we were charging $12.50/hr for a $6/hr pay.

Which was more than what everyone else, including most of my coworkers, was paying ($5), I'd get the pick of the temp pool that way . Which sadly still wasn't great

There are legit reasons for using temp services to find new hires, most due to the turnover I mentioned previously.

Interesting sidenote, I bumped into a lot of racism in very small blue collar businesses. 'Can you get me a white guy?'

NO! Businessmen racist? That's absurd. Next thing I know, you'll tell me some of them were cheap bastards.

Keep in mind this was over 25 years ago now and I started cold calling from the back of the telephone book, lots of eastern European guys. Anyway I told them the truth - not only is it illegal, the blue collar working black guys were much more reliable overall than whatever white golden-boy temp we could supply that week.

Pete
The white boys were more likely---------Republicans who think they have a birthright to a desk job and air conditioning.

Dave