View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
May I ask how much it costs?
Yeh, right at 1360 a month for the wife and myself. Of course the guy with ten kids pays the same, it's like 8.50 an hour that we put in.

As far Canada's health care, I've just heard bad stories about long waits, trouble getting elective surgeries, what surgeries are considered elective (like hernias), etc.. There's that and the number of Canadians that say how they come here for medical treatment. I would not like the government to be involved in my health care at all. I'd much rather pay my 8.50 an hour, and keep it between me and my doctor. He has told me that he will be opening a cash only private practice when the time comes. He complains that he already spends more time filling out paper work than he does treating patients. I wonder how many of the truly good doctors will stay and do it by the government rules. I personally don't think everyone is going to buy health care insurance either, which is key for the Obama plan to work. Let's face it, we have a lot of folks on the dole already, and they aren't going to come up with that kind of money. They will get a fine, and ignore it. It all looks good on paper, but when you actually try to apply it real word, I think it will be a huge mess. I would have rather seen some smaller changes one at a time, than completely throwing out what has been working for so long, and replacing it with something that the majority of Americans do not want. My question about folks moving is sincere, I guess like Blue Streak it's mostly due to family. I just can't get it through my mind that some Americans think there is a better deal out there. Maybe I'm just stuck in my old ways and don't like radical change.