View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 08:39 PM
Admin

Julio I'm with Dave in respect to Cuban self determination. It must come from within Cuba. The days of interventionism hopefully have been relegated to the past in regards to any of our neighbors. We need to pay attention to the tragic lessons and misguided attempts of instilling democracy in Cuba, Nicaragua, Colombia, Argentina also lately Afghanistan, Iraq ad inf.

In every case the forces behind these excursions invariably get corrupted by the Bautistas and Samozas not to mention United Fruit & Exxon (just a couple examples.) i'm of the mind that warriors should exclude themselves from governing in any shape or form.

I hope that most Americans get this, whether you're a Cuban American or if you cling to a refugee mindset and still call yourself a Cuban even though born in the States and wish to overthrow the the Cuban government- do it with your own efforts (blood and money).I'm just guessing but I think that this is what Dave is getting at.

Your claim as to the superior monetary contribution that the Cubans have made ("internal revenue") is mystifying to me.
Do you mean Cuban Americans taxes?or are you claiming to be the pre eminent job creators/revenue creators or what?

The only Corp we should be sending anywhere is the Peace Corp. Not our Navy, Army or Air Force - those are for our protection when attacked. Call it neo isolationism if you will. I prefer to think of it as being realistic with an eye towards history. This grand experiment is doomed if we continue down the imperial path, that's just my opinion.

Nice story about The Ladies of Havana but could there have been just a little motivation of animosity towards the British in this? The Brits had taken Jamaica and many other Spanish Crown possessions in that era. Not to mention the pirates (privateers) whom had taken far more silver than the amount offered up to George Washington. I feel that you may be over romantizing their motivations.

I do say Viva Cuba and I'm muy sympatico but we shouldn't interfere as a nation with any peoples self determination except our own.