View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 11:37 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...224505697.html

[I]The rising crime rate in Los Angeles is a hot-button issue in this year’s race for Los Angeles mayor. And the issue just hit closer to home for one candidate.

Democratic Congresswoman Karen Bass said Saturday that her home was burglarized...
I have owned guns for over 50 years and have 8 of them now and am unabashed supporter of enhanced gun control (FWIW, none are autoloading). Similarly, I enjoy the occasional drink, but don't supported unfettered access to alcohol. I owned a Porsche for 10 years, but support speed limits.

Reasonable limits are the key and the laws concerning gun ownership are unreasonably lax IMO (and I'm a range safety officer at my gun club, an NRA Distinguished Expert in smallbore and taught Rifle & Shotgun Shooting Merit Badge to Boy Scouts for several years).

AFAIK, there aren't any prominent Democrats who oppose private ownership of firearms by responsible adults in the home. In other words, your contrived controversy isn't actually a controversy, but more stupid infotainment from wingnut media that you credulously glom on to.

Last edited by finnbow; 09-12-2022 at 11:43 AM.