View Single Post
Old 01-29-2022, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
back to the OP

are near a civil war - Trump decides that. If it gets him power then absolutely.

Stated in the OP, republicans will do anything to power...........
I disagree. I do think that way too many republicans have swallowed hook line and sinker the trumpian lies. But I also believe that most of them dearly love our country and constitution. If they though trump had really lost the election the entire landscape would look different. I am just hoping the Jan 6 committee can pull enough dirt and crap out to get him disgraced in the eyes of the world. Charging him with a crime and even jail wouldn't help.
My take on the subject. I that those "Republicans" know the big lie is a lie. They love power. tRump has corralled the base like no other before (in this country at least). That is power. They have sold their souls for access to that power. What tRump wants they want. They know that tRump lost the election but they know that to turn on him would lead his base, the majority of the Republican party, to turn on them. It would be political suicide. tRump will never call for a civil war but there are those who will for him.