View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 04:25 PM
Admin

North Carolina 9th District House Race

"RALEIGH, N.C. — The North Carolina State Board of Elections on Thursday ordered a new election in the 9th Congressional District, ending a dramatic, months-long investigation into allegations of widespread ballot tampering.
“It appears to me the irregularities and improprieties occurred to such an extent that they tainted the results of the entire election and cast doubt on its fairness,” said the board chairman, Bob Cordle, shortly before the five-member panel voted unanimously to throw out the November results between Republican Mark Harris and Democrat Dan McCready. “I believe the people of North Carolina deserve a fair election and deserve to have their votes counted properly.”
The board’s vote came moments after Harris admitted that he misspoke under oath earlier in the day.
Harris said he is recovering from a serious infection that led to sepsis and two strokes, which in turn affected his memory. The episode made him realize, he testified, that he was not prepared for the “rigors” of the evidentiary hearing. He called for a new election, then promptly excused himself from the proceeding." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.4bbff347839a

One more House seat up for grabs. Color me astonished that NC is doing the right thing here.