View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
They get elected as US Senator or Representative and empower themselves to take money away from the folks who earned it.

When you look up taxes in the dictionary, I think that's pretty much the definition.

Yup, this explains the treatment of conservatives and the Tea Party activist by the ruling class.

Pretty much sums up the sentiments of those who tore down the Berlin Wall.
Do you really believe that people will be treated better with unrestrained capitalism than with laws providing a minimum wage, protecting the rights of workers to organize, preventing discrimination, establishing safety standards, and requiring employers to make contributions toward retirement income, to name just a few? This doesn't even take into account the precedence the bottom line takes over anything else - the environment, the survival of the areas where plants are located, the sustainability of a public education system, the health of its workers or neighbors, the truth of its marketing claims.

Quote:
Yup, this explains the treatment of conservatives and the Tea Party activist by the ruling class.
Oh, you mean the media conglomerate and oil giants who helped whip them up into a frenzy to do the fact cats' bidding.

Quote:
When you look up taxes in the dictionary, I think that's pretty much the definition.
"To tax (from the Latin '; "I estimate", which in turn is from '; "I touch") is to impose a financial charge or other levy upon a taxpayer (an individual or legal entity) by a state or the functional equivalent of a state such that failure to pay is punishable by law.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxes

# : The mass noun for money paid to the government for public purposes"

Regards,

D-Ray

Last edited by d-ray657; 10-28-2010 at 08:02 PM.