View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 08:29 PM

More from the POS Moore:
Quote:
‘I was informed' that there are U.S. communities under Sharia law

Moore claimed in a summer interview that “there are some communities under Sharia law right now in our country.” Sharia law governs elements of Islamic life, and some conservatives believe it poses a threat to America’s legal system.

“Up in Illinois. Christian communities,” Moore told Vox. “I don’t know if they may be Muslim communities. But Sharia law is a little different from American law. It is founded on religious concepts.”

Asked which communities are under Sharia law and when that became the case, Moore said: “Well, there’s Sharia law, as I understand it, in Illinois, Indiana — up there. I don’t know.”

Vox’s Jeff Stein told Moore “that seems like an amazing claim for a Senate candidate to make,” to which he replied: “Well, let me just put it this way — if they are, they are; if they’re not, they’re not. That doesn’t matter.”

“I was informed that there were. But if they’re not, it doesn’t matter,” he continued. “Sharia law incorporates Muslim law into the law. That’s not what we do. We do not punish people according to the Christian precepts of our faith — so there’s a difference. I’ll just say this: I don’t know if there are. I understand that there are some.”

PolitiFact rates Moore’s claim a pants-on-fire lie.
Well play the muslim card, never fails with the deplorables.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...he-said-243207