View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
I did and most of his post was a quote of the article which I just reread and it mentions Mexico, China, Syria, Libya, Nicaragua, Panama, Sierra Leone and Somalia, but not Afghanistan. It also points out that US special forces in Syria and Libya would the conflicts that would give him tariff raising authority.

If you read all of post 4 and note that in post 3 ice said "I am sure there would be court battles" followed by the article, which is the post I was responding to, you may see that I was pointing out Mexico is very different the other countries past Presidents have used these laws as a basis to raise tariffs. I think this is why Trump will have a very difficult time implementing his punitive tariffs against Mexico and why I thought ice made the point quoted above.
The point is it does not matter what country we are at war with Trump can still use the Afghanistan war as excuse to raise tariffs on Mexico, as he can Syria or the war against ISIS.