View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Loyal Opposition

We've had considerably more robust economies with a tax rate that was considerably more graduated than the one we now have. I appreciated the tax credits we received this year, but would rather see a more graduated tax find its way into the rates.

Another thing that would increase the economic status of the working class is probably a pipe dream these days, but it is the Employee Free Choice Act. Take away the captive audience speeches and the professional union-busters from the organizing campaigns and we would have a greater percentage of the workers benefiting from union representation. I've spoken with several union representatives who had more than a majority of signatures on the union cards, but by the time the employer was able to delay an election for more than a couple of months and spread their implied threats and rumors, they could not retain a majority for the election.

The economy would also benefit greatly from production and spending moving away from things that we blow up and crash. The brain power and investment that go into the industrial military complex could certainly advance the cause of finding alternative energy sources and producing quality products that would compete withe the crap that the Chinese dump on our market.

As you suggest Dave, one single area of focus will not improve the economy.

Regards,

D-Ray