View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
I admire your faith in humanity, however having lived long I find that it is misplaced. Also you seem to be equating the current lot of churches with belief in some higher power. It has been our experience that the majority of churches are the last places to look.
I'm not a believer in organized religion but I am in the majority of peoples goodness. This doesn't keep me from carrying protection in areas I deem sketchy. I think you have me by a bit in age but I'm 60 and have seen enough to know that good people of any race/religion can show up in completely unexpected places. I seem to have become less of a cynic as I age, not bad for a natural born introvert. I also think you find what your looking for and the bad seems to be what your seeing. We're looking at things from 2 different perspectives. Bible verses are all well and good if that's what you believe. I have a different view of the world, for lack of a better word I think this may be heaven. If I were to go tomorrow I couldn't bitch. It's been a wonderful life.

Last edited by sanford12; 01-24-2015 at 08:36 AM.