View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 01:29 PM

Obl

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Maybe, but while they had OBL in the caves, bringing the roof down on him would have put an end to him if nothing else.

Funny, as it turns out in researching family history I had a distant cousin, same name as me, who fought on the Union side, found records of the pension he received after being wounded in action. His wife died in childbirth, then his daughter died at age ten. He emmigrated to the U.S. from England and wound up in the army.

I'm not so sure they didn't drop the roof on him, he hasn't made any decent videos for awhile.

As far as Civil War veterans, I'm related to a few of them. On my dad's side (Scott/Irish) they were Confederates, my mother's side (German) they were union. One of my Great Uncles on my mothers side was a Union Officer...he was shot and killed when he attempted to arrest one of the local guerrillas.

Now on my wife's side, there were several who were Confederates. One who rode with George Todd was killed in a battle in the next county. I think they were all guerrillas.

In Missouri we had the Confederate regulars, who spent most of the war somewhere else. Then we had the Partisan Rangers, who were guerrillas with a letter form the Confederate government which made them quasi regulars...Quantrill was one. Then we had the plain guerrillas, who just went around doing as they damn well pleased. They were the nasty ones, they even made Quantrill look good. Then again, the Red Legs from Kansas weren't very nice either...they spent a lot of time over here murdering people, burning them out, and stealing everything they had. Hence the raid on Lawrence, Kansas.

Chas