View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 11:29 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
No, butt-wipe. A number of the no go zones in Germany are controlled by Lebanese gangs...
Per your link in the OP, Merkel and her Interior Minister were unable to identify a single no-go zone in the entire country.

I go to Germany typically every other year since moving back from there ~30 years ago (including just last September) and there is not a single area of any German city I would fear walking through late at night. OTOH, there are multiple such areas in most American cities in which you're taking your life in your hands if you do.

That said, I don't like Germany as much with the Euro, lots of Mideast migrants, and the inevitable consequences of globalization as I did before those changes. However, it is still far, far safer than the United States in every measurable way and enjoys a quality of life and lifestyle that is far superior to the USA in most key areas. Further, I find it reprehensible for American conservatives, erstwhile cheerleaders for the Iraq War (the proximate cause of the European refugee crisis), criticizing the consequences of the refugee crisis they helped create.

As for the Lebanese gangs coming as the result of Merkel's open border policies, you're wrong on all possible counts. "Open borders" resulted from the EU's Schengen Agreement in the mid 1990's and Merkel didn't become Bundeskanzler until 2005. Also, the Lebanese gang members in Berlin "arrived at the end of the 1970s and the 1980s, as refugees from the Lebanese civil war," while Merkel was still a chemist in East Germany and long before "open borders."

I think you learned all you know about Germany from Hogan's Heroes.

Last edited by finnbow; 03-02-2018 at 02:21 PM.