View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Now that the Reich-Wing conservatives have established a foothold in the SC they're not going to stop with Roe v. Wade. Even if the GOP takeover is stopped they'll push every decision they don't like up to the SC for the final say.
Thomas already said they are not done and mentioned same sex marriage and contraception.

I confess the latter concerns me, but we'll see. The same sex marriage one I've always seen as our culture going temporarily insane, kinda like guys in girls sports, etc. That is, if two homosexual men (or women) want to enter into a covenant to remain as a connected couple, legally responsible to the relationship, i.e. civil union, they should have no problem doing that. But marriage, by definition, is between a man and a woman, which preserves the incubator that has the best chance of properly rearing our progeny. That's why marriage exists at all.

This decision, coupled with the unravelling of wokeness at companies throughout the country as well as the end to guys competing in sports as women, and the success of "What is a Woman" and many more similar documentaries to follow, is a welcome and way overdue return to sanity in the US.