View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
I am OK with flashy pickup trucks and guns as long as they don't camp on the left lane and go the speed limit blocking traffic. This seems to be their MO. And the black smoke that they rig their trucks with, who are they trying to impress?

Sorry to get off topic.
As for the differences, the way I see it is that the so called conservatives want to backwards in time like ISIS. The progressives are forward thinking. Conservation, renewable energy, education, social welfare are some that come to mind.

People are not created as equals, if so everyone will be educated and there will be no poverty.

Is Alabama a conservative state or a backward state?
We are not equal. At least not in skill set, talents, ethical integrity, and so on. Some of it is how we are born, physiological. Some of it is how we are raised. However, I don't think undermines that we are all equal in value. We are all worthy of being treated with dignity and respect. At least we all should aspire to this. I think the ramifications of a society that does otherwise are obvious.

As to Alabama, the answer is yes.