View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
A legal immigrant goes through the proper channels, goes to the immigration office, fills out the forms, pays the fees, completes all of the classes, takes the oath. An illegal crosses the border under the cloak of night, on the back of a truck hiding in a barrel marked "Garbanzo Beans"-------and reports to the welfare office to get his food stamps and drivers license, where he should be reported to the Department of Immigration, but isn't. And never bothers to apply for citizenship. Ever.

Problem is; This has been going on far too long and there are millions of them here. So the fight is over what to do with them, and how do we keep more from getting in?

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
The simple idea is entering the country without proper authorization, i.e., a visa, or remaining in the country after the visa has expired. That is why the polite term that has arisen is "undocumented workers." Obviously, if one sneaks (or is smuggled) into the country, he is very unlikely to have obtained proper authorization. If one enters the country on a tourist visa or a student visa, the authorization will last only a limited time. The term "illegal immigrant" arises when the entry is illegal or when an authorized visit becomes something more permanent.

Regards,

D-Ray
What I was really looking for was answers which included what type of 'tests' these people should have to take etc.

I take it from your answers that you are both 100% happy with the process that immigrants must go through to become legal?