Thread: Myers-Briggs...
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
You have way more experience with the testing, As of this thread I was unaware of it.

My point on the taking of the test. I think when one is taking the test especially one with choices from most likely to least likely IIRC at least 5 one could be lying to themselves or picking the answer most comfortable. No real world problems with choices and actions I found.

Have someone that knows you fill it out or better yet many who do, as to what they think about you would be more weighted. Filling it out as to the person they see not the one you see.

Barney
With almost all of the clients to whom I administered the MBTI, it was my first clinical activity with them. Handed them the booklet and answer sheet and sent them home. They dropped the sheet off at the agency, I scored it and we set up session 2 to provide them wit the results and what it was all about. Neither they, nor I had any prior experience with each other. So any "weighting" was not an issue.

The questions on the instrument are purposefully structured to be as neutral as possible so as best to avoid any client tendency to try to give "right" answers. Its pretty impossible to know what a "right" answer would be.