View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Sorry Robbin, did not see your post till today.
I am very familiar with this TT, I have a 1200 and a 120 (audiophile version) which came with just the armboard. I checked and the rubber base is available on ebay for around $30 or so, probably less. Yours has the feet and they are pricey.

I completely rebuilt mine with all new parts, even powder coated the plinth Ferrari red.
I think I posted a picture on AK at some point.
Gorgeous table but don't use it much. Mine has Shure V15 type III and IV (I have two headshells).

New OEM parts are readily available and very reasonably priced. TT is very easy to work on. Detailed instructions are available on the internet.
I bought a tone arm assembly from a guy in the Bay Area for $300...he also does the whole power coating thing too and sells 1200s for about $1100-$1300.
I am thinking about buying one of those Ortofon carts/stylus (Blue or Red 2M i think) headshells that are made just for the 1200.

Even though they sound great after a while you kinda start to pick up some of the things common to all turntables if not everything is set up just right.
Still sounds better than other tables I have though. Some of my vinyl has sibilance issues and once you hear that you start to always hear even the slightest lol. Still gotta have those cds lol...