View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
In my case it would be my personal relationship with Him. He's actually spoken (actual words) to my wife. We also have two miraculous healings. He's also guided our lives in amazing ways, though I would not call them "miracles" because they don't defy the laws of physics.

Also, when you've lived with someone long enough, you know what to expect from them. And yes, I'm speaking of Christ. He's faithful and his words ring true at every turn.

Keep in mind he gets a lot of grief for things done in his name by others, that are actually going against his instructions. He also is the only entity in human history that offers grace. This deals not only with the afterlife, but everyone's life starting NOW, whenever now may be, or may have been.

One of my acts of faith is that we have not had health insurance since the day the mandate became the law of the land. And how has that worked out for these two 66 year olds? Well, for starters, we've saved over $100,000 after taxes in health insurance premiums, while spending a pittance on actual health care, most of which is glasses and eye exams at costco and dental exams/cleaning. We take no prescription drugs and completely trust the Great Healer for our health as well as taking care of the temples (our human bodies) he's put us in for our limited time on earth.

We have total faith in him and he has proven, on a daily basis, to be worthy of that faith.

In this is a hint at why I never get angry with posts here. People are people. Being a man, I know the heart of man. Everybody is an a$$hole to SOMEONE. Heck, the only perfect man to live ticked off so many people they hung him on a cross.
This is a testimony of faith (faith being belief without proof of factual veracity) that answers neither question.
What, precisely, is the origin and the nature of this (or any) God concept?