View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 10:02 AM
reflexionar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post

A pet pieve of mine, people who think agnostics or athiests have less dedication, less morals, less ethics than religious people. In fact, I have frequently found that to be the opposite.
Possibly due to the fact that as long as they have accepted Christ into their lives many of those religious folk feel they can act however they choose and all they have to do is pray and they will be forgiven. Those that don't have that moral luxury actually have to live with the internal consequences of their actions.

I think a large part of that problem is that many Christians think that belief is acceptance. I feel that true acceptance would also include a practice of trying to emulate the way Christ lived his life, not just in deed, but in thought. That brings a lot of questions to mind. How would Christ have treated gays? Impoverished? Criminals? Those that disagreed with him? Alcoholics? Those with mental issues? etc, etc, etc...

Some Christians actually try to live that way, but in my experience it is a huge minority? Even those that do great in action fail horribly in the thought arena.