View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simi View Post
Guess I missed something.. seems a lot of banks ind insurers that passed out these toxic loans got bailed out... Now had these lenders not been allowed to get into hedge funds, and started tasting a lot of money, maybe they wouldn't have gotten so greedy and started taking so many chances and not passed out so many bad home loans and not needed bailouts...
So, what exactly does any of that have to do with the people who build houses, plumbers, electricians, window makers, insulatation manufacturers, lumber yards, flooring companies, etc., I could name a few more hundred different manufacturers and companies "nation-wide" directly related to the housing market, but what would be the point. NONE of the bank bailout money has been going to the correct entities at all. Like I said, the auto industry "IS" small potatoes in all of this. Where do you think "most" of the 9.8% collecting unemployment right now are coming from? If you guessed directly, or indirectly, from the housing industry, you'd be absolutely correct. So, besides paying each other huge bonuses, what are the banks doing with the bailout money?

To be honest, I believe you and I, and everyone, are really on the same page on this, and something just needs to be done about it.

Indy