View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
The cave-in/flip-flop is far more embarrassing than the ommission (which would have been rather easy to defend in my opinion).
While in the process of flip-flopping, they tried defending the omission as an oversight, but that was obviously a lie.
Here's some truth- about half of that delegation wants God erased from our government. Some, I'm sure, because they are atheist. Some, because they are Muslim and therefore don't buy in to the concept of religious tolerance. And some, because they truly believe it's wrong for our government to promote one faith over another.

Personally, none of those arguments wash for me. I've spent my life pledging allegiance to a flag that represents "one nation under God". Have all these people been reciting that pledge falsely? What do they propose allegiance to? Anything?

Worship whatever you want, or nothing at all, but this country was and is oriented to Biblical values. Obama wants to fundamentally change America. Well, it don't get much more fundamental than our Christian heritage.