View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The Russian government is Putin, dimwit. What, again, is your motive in continuing to try to obfuscate Russian/Putin involvement?

BTW, having just listened to Limbaugh on the way back from the gym, I already know the next obfuscation tactics that Trump/Putin apologists plan to employ. The theory goes that since the intelligence agencies are pissed that Trump has been dissing them for the past weeks, they chose to leak false info on Russian/Putin involvement in the election as payback to destroy Trump. Furthermore, this entire thing is being orchestrated behind the scenes by Obama.

Sorry to expose your next obfuscation before you had a chance to sling it, but it seem that Joad may have done so anyway in another thread. Maybe he's trying to take the mantle of prime Putin apologist away from you.
Well I'm glad we have you as our Limbaugh show correspondent, but I'm sure you'll find a way to get that wrong too.

The left, especially in the last couple months, has been pushing this notion that Putin is the ultimate strongman who controls every aspect of Russian government, right down to the minutiae level. That, of course, isn't the case. WaPo made this point in a "The Post's View" editorial just a couple months ago. Its also a point that has been made recently by Stratfor. Russian political history if rife with intrigue, in-fighting and the last few decades are no exception.

So while I agree that Putin is the current President and has consolidated his power much like his predecessors, keeping power in Russia is a constant struggle. Therefore, I don't buy this notion that nothing happens in Russia unless Putin knows about it.

That said, could he have orchestrated the hacks? Sure. But the evidence and rationale presented so far is pretty damn flimsy. It is far to flimsy to support drawing conclusions about supposed intent.

What's my motive? I don't care for the BS that has been sold as news and regard this "hacks were designed to favor Trump" story as just another bit of that BS. Nothing you've presented here so far changes that view, and in fact some of it has reinforced that view.

Last edited by whell; 12-15-2016 at 06:43 PM.